Saturday, October 31, 2009

Miracle of Miracles

When we make a decision and become totally committed and persistent, the impossible can become the possible. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."(Ether 12:27) When we become committed to do our best, give it all we have got, and trust in the Lord, we become future oriented and live in anticipation. Heber J Grant often spoke of persistence. "Persistence in the pursuit of righteous desires can help us develop talents, and attain our spiritual goals and serve others. We all have gifts and talents, but many lie 'dormant or in embryo' until touched by the spirit of commitment. Friendship is a precious gift we can all magnify as we comfortable acknowledge the gifts we don't have and give thanks for the miracles that available to each of us. It is while pondering solitude that we are helped by the spirit to discover the plot of ground that we must cultivate if we are uncover and claim our gifts. And THEN we can watch the miracle unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment