Sunday, November 1, 2009

Where Will I Find The Strength?


He will lift us up, and with His help our performance can be not only acceptable but remarkable If we are to accomplish thie work given us to do, it is not enough to just do the best we can. Instead we must do the best we can as our abilities are magnified by the grace and strength of the Lord. That goes far beyond the best we can do by ourselves. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."(Ether 12:27)The first step in gaining access to this strength is as simple as having desire. The stregnth He gives us is exactly what we need for the circumstance. The strength of the Lord is not only in our major battles against the enemy but also in our private battles against weaknesses and infirmities. His grace this divine "Divine means of help or strength, given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ"; is an enabling power we can call upon when we have expended our own best efforts. This compensation for our weaknesses does not come at the end of life or even the end of the day, but at the end of our best efforts. When we are in the Lord's service, He will make up for our limitations. When self reliance and self confidence gives way, our struggles open the door to a deeper understanding of Christ's condescension and His commitment to succor us, bless us, comfort and even pray for us. He is our advocate with the Father. Success is an affliction to our soul unless we recongnize the source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment