Sunday, October 25, 2009

Growing in the Gospel: Increasing Our Faith


What is Faith? Joseph Smith Said that faith is "the assurance which men have of the existence of things which they haven't seen, and the principle of action in all intelligent beings" then President Gordon B Hinckley said "Faith is a living, vital force with recognition of God as our Father and Jesus Christ as our Savior. When we accept this basic premise, there will come an acceptance of their teachings and a obedience which will bring peace and joy in this life and exaltation in the life to come". A believing heart is the motivating force that leads us to do good and live virtous lives. We must check our hearts regularly and ask ourselves these questions:
*Do I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ lives and that they love me?
* Do I know that Jesus Christ atoned for my sins?
* Do I know that I am a Daughter/Son of God?
* Do I know that God is at the hlm and that He knows what is best for his children?
* Do I listen and obey the counsel from His prophet?
* Do I live the gospel to the best of my ability?
"Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their fyielding their hearts unto God" (Helaman 3:35)As we live our lives with faith in our hearts, our children will recognize our faith and they will not doubt that we know that God lives and Jesus is His son and this is His church. To increase our faith is to place more trust in God and His son Jesus Christ. Increasing our faith will purify our hearts, sanctify our souls and bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. If we are faithful we have a tremendous role to play in building Zion and preparing for the second coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment